Your shopping cart
There are no items in your cart
Verification of Competency (VoC)
- Course Length 2 days
- Taught Hours 16
- Practical Yes
- Knowledge Yes
This course is for employers and/or organisations seeking to ensure and demonstrate their EEHA competent electrical and instrumentation personnel continue to be compliant. Verification of current competencies is essential and stipulated by Australian Onshore and Offshore Health and Safety legislation. Most energy development projects in Australia demand that vendors ensure their employees have their competencies verified.
- Previously attained competencies covering Installation, Maintenance and/or Detailed Inspection for EEHA from the UEE11 Training Package; and
- Hold a current electrical license.
Units of Competency covered
- UEENEEM080A Report on the integrity of explosion protected equipment in HA
- UEENEEM020A Attend to breakdown in hazardous areas - gas atmospheres
- UEENEEM022A Attend to breakdown in hazardous areas - pressurisation
- UEENEEM024A Install explosion protected equipment and wiring systems - gas atmospheres
- UEENEEM026A Install explosion protected equipment and wiring systems - pressurisation
- UEENEEM028A Maintain equipment in hazardous areas - gas atmospheres
- UEENEEM030A Maintain equipment in hazardous areas - pressurisation
- UEENEEM039A Conduct testing of hazardous areas installations - gas atmospheres
- UEENEEM041A Conduct testing of hazardous areas installations - pressurisation
- UEENEEM042A Conduct visual inspection of hazardous areas
- UEENEEM044A Conduct detailed inspection of hazardous areas installations - gas atmospheres
- UEENEEM046A Conduct detailed inspection of hazardous areas installations – pressurisation
This Verification of Competency process assesses current EEHA knowledge of the individual and addresses hazardous area specific changes which have occurred over the past few years. The candidate will need to demonstrate the application of practical skills and underpinning knowledge against installation, testing, maintenance, visual and detailed inspection requirements in alignment with the relevant AS/NZS standards.
VoC is an 'Assessment Only' process that combines both practical and knowledge based assessments in order to ascertain whether the individual has the capability to install, maintain and test equipment aligned with the AS/NZ Standards and competently conduct practical Detailed Inspections on Ex d, Ex e, Ex i, Ex p and Ex n equipment.
Upon completion of the two day Verification of Competency period, the Trainer & Assessor will compile a detailed report verifying the observed level of competency against the competencies as per the IMDI Skill Set from the UEE11 Training Package. This is recorded in the MOXI Training Management System for the relevant candidate, issued and sent to the employer.
Contact us if you have any questions in regards to any of our courses.P: 1300 668 992 E: email@example.com
RTO Code: 51160