Your shopping cart
There are no items in your cart
The Petroleum Processing Technology Series
The series consists of 10 courses:
- Oil and Gas Separation
- Gas Dehydration
- Petroleum Gas Compression
- Natural Gas Liquids Recovery
- Oil Pumping and Metering
- Injection Water Treatment
- Produced Water Treatment
- Gas Flow Measurement
- Process Flow & P&ID’s
- Oil Treatment (Dehydration)
These stand-alone courses will enable an individual to select those learning materials that suit their own particular requirements. Courses can be studied at the candidates own pace and in any order.
The study time needed will vary from one course to another, and from one individual to another. It is likely to be in the range 20 - 40 hours for each course. Each course will consist of one or more Workbooks, and a "Guide to Open Learning".
No commitment to enrolling for the complete Petroleum Processing Technology Series is required at any time
although each candidate must register for each course. Courses are non-transferrable and can only be assigned to one candidate.
Each course may be assessed by examination and an individual certificate endorsed by City and Guilds awarded to successful candidates. Each exam which is passed successfully will contribute to one Certificate of Unit Credit towards The Certificate in Petroleum Processing Technology. The Certificate will be awarded after all 10 Certificates of Unit Credit have been accumulated.
Aim of the Series
The aim of this Petroleum Processing Technology series is to help anyone with an interest in the oil industry, achieve a broad understanding of:
- The operational techniques of petroleum processing.
- The function and construction of a representative selection of plant and equipment used in the processing of petroleum reservoir fluids.
The series will be of value to
- Oil company or contract production operations staff in the early years of their career.
- More experienced operations staff who wish to see their experience reflected in a meaningful qualification, or who wishes to refresh their understanding of petroleum processing technology.
- Managers and supervisors of oil, service and manufacturing companies who need to build on their background knowledge of the subject.
- New technical or engineering graduates, as part of their induction program.
- Administrative staff that require an introduction to the technical background, and a key to the technical language.
- The industry, as underpinning knowledge towards achieving standards of competence.
Consist of one, or more, spirally bound workbook containing:
- Training targets for candidates to achieve by the end of each unit.
- Test yourself questions to see how much candidates understand.
- Check yourself answers to check that candidates are progressing along the right lines.
- Activities for candidates to apply their new knowledge.
- Summaries for candidates to recap on the major steps in their progress
- Exams can be held any time, at an appointed venue i.e. there is no set time limit between starting a course and sitting the exam.
- If the candidate is ready to take the exam at their workplace an invigilator must be appointed on their behalf. The 'Invigilator' may be a Training Manager, OIM or Senior Manager.
- If, however, you do not wish to sit the exam at your workplace, you may sit the exam, free of charge at MOXI offices in Perth, please contact MOXI team to make arrangements.
- The examination is a two hour closed book written exam. Section A comprises of 20 short answer questions similar to the Test Yourself section in the workbooks. Section B comprises of three questions of which two must be answered – these require good, neat, correctly labelled drawings and a good descriptive. All questions in the paper relate to the information given in the workbooks.
- Pass Marks: 60% - 74% = Pass, 75% - 84% = Credit, 85% - 100% = Distinction
- Test yourself questions are available in the workbooks to help you prepare for your exams.
- There is no registration or examination fee.
- If you do not achieve the required pass mark (60%) in your course exam you will be able to re-sit your exam at an additional cost of $50 +GST. However you will only receive a pass grade in your re-sit irrespective of your result.
- Should you require to re-sit the same course exam more than once there will be an examination fee of $50+GST per re-sit.
Oil and Gas Separation - $249.00
Gas Dehydration - $249.00
Petroleum Gas Compression - $280.00
Natural Gas Liquids Recovery - $249.00
Oil Pumping and Metering - $249.00
Injection Water Treatment - $249.00
Produced Water Treatment - $249.00
Gas Flow Measurement - $249.00
Process Flow & P&ID’s - $249.00
Oil Treatment (Dehydration) - $249.00
The above prices are exclusive of GST. Postage overseas will incur additional cost dependant on location.
Please use MOXI Order Form to make your purchase. Allow 28 days for delivery.
Contact us if you have any questions in regards to any of our courses.E: firstname.lastname@example.org
RTO Code: 51160